Enter as a Stranger.. Leave as a Friend
RSS

Monday, July 19, 2010


Ring Ring.. The Beach is Calling.....
I miss the sand in my toes and the sea breeze!! Ryan has been dropping hints here and there that he wants to move to So Cal. Look.. I love the ocean, but until I can afford to live on the water.. I'm not moving. Case in Point.. my step mom decided to go to the beach on Saturday. She lives in Temecula, CA. She hopped in the car with my brother and a friend and set out on the traffic filled freeway. It took her 2 hours to get to the beach! Please note that they live about 30 miles from the water. Once they got there, there was no parking.  She drive around for an HOUR looking for parking and by the time they parked, they had 20 minutes before they had to come home. When I lived in California, I was not happy. I use to plan weekend trips to Arizona to escape my life and find some freedom. When I moved here, it was like taking a permanent vacation. Arizona has represented escape, freedom and happiness for the past few years. However, now I am finding my little weekend escapes to Laguna, San Diego and LA intoxicating. I love waking up to the ocean and walking to lunch at cute little cafe's. California has two things that Arizona doesn't... The beach and my best friend Claudia! 


P.S....I am on "operation healthy misty" right now. I am trying to take steps in the right direction at securing my financial and physical stability. Todays steps:


1.) Opened an ING Orange Savings account - that I am feeding money into monthly. This should help me with my savings because you can't take money out right away. I am hoping the 2-3 day delay will give me time to talk me out of my impulse shopping.  Thanks for the suggestion Mike!
2.) Cancelled my doubled up next class - I was scheduled to double up on classes next month but I decided with recent events adding more stress to my life was not a good idea.
3.) Vacation Time - I am taking off every Monday starting next week until September. This will give me a chance to do a couple little vacations with Ry and also...more ME time to do "All my personal stuff".. hahahahaa 
4.) More Yoga - I am REALLY going to try and go at least 4 times a week... I even bought some new yoga clothes to motivate me ;)


Hope you all have a wonderful Monday! XO!





13 comments:

Dreams Do Come True said...

now I have your button on my blog =~)

Dreams Do Come True said...

my boyfriend cousin donna and her family moved back from california this weekend... She has lived there for about 10 yrs... We live in Kentucky. I have some friends who live in arizona and some blogger friends who live there as well... My boyfriend {Scotty} is going to california in october for a gaming convention.

Misty Michelle said...

Sweet! =) Oh fun! I love AZ and CA.. Can't complain both beautiful places! I have never been to Kentucky before though!

Dreams Do Come True said...

kentucky is beautiful! you should come out for a visit of the state sometime. The best time to come is during the Kentucky Derby.

C Mae said...

Hope you are doing better!

HEA Bookshelf said...

i too love the beach!!.. since i live in Puerto Rico.!! I'm like 15 minutes from a beach :) but sometimes wish I lived some place else.. I've been contemplating moving to the states actually.. either CA or NY..

Misty Michelle said...

Leaving Puerto Rico!! haha... I've never been to NY but I want to go so bad!!! =)

Anonymous said...

it does have your BF chad in Arizona tho :)

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

I am really missing California a lot these days. I miss going down to San Francisco and going to the small little shops down at ChinaTown. =)

Amy said...

I'm so jealous that going to the ocean and Cali is merely a weekend option for you! I've always wanted to go there, but for me it would be about a 6 day car trip from Ottawa (Canada) or an expensive plane trip... one day one day...

p.s. I found you on 20SB

www.lifesjourneywithasmile.com

Misty Michelle said...

Oh my! 6 day car ride!!??? I would die.. literally! Thanks for stopping my.. Im headed to your bloggy blog now! =)

~Misty

Anonymous said...

Cali....lets gooooo

Kristin said...

So glad you found my blog! If you are ever in Cali we could meet up! Im in So Cal!
P.S. Love your blog!!

Post a Comment